Energy Minister Bogdan Ivan said on Wednesday that around 200,000 households were disconnected from the power grid due to severe weather, and 86,000 had been reconnected by 16:00, when the Energy Command meeting ended.
Ivan noted that 322 teams and 1,000 electricians, using nearly 300 off-road vehicles and other heavy equipment, are working in the field. About 114,000 households in 266 localities affected by the heavy snowfall that hit Romania still need to be reconnected.
According to the minister, the national energy system is stable, with consumption averaging about 7,400 MW and Romania currently producing more than it uses, allowing exports of roughly 440 MW. Electricity production is up 11% compared to the same period last year, while consumption is up 6%, Ivan said.
Gas storage facilities are 40% full, above the EU average of 33%, and Romania has 150 million cubic meters more gas than on February 17, 2025, he also noted.
The minister convened the Energy Command on Wednesday in response to the latest weather events.





























Comentează