HealthMin: Patients will have more options once monopoly of National Health Insurance House is broken

Autor: Alecsandru Ionescu

Publicat: 20-02-2026 14:31

Article thumbnail

Sursă foto: stiripesurse.ro

Patients will have more options once the monopoly of the National Health Insurance House (CNAS) is broken, and thinks work far better where there is competition, Health Minister Alexandru Rogobete said on Friday.

'There is an ongoing debate at the moment. I want us to break the monopoly of the National Health Insurance House. It is absolutely necessary for this system to be able to develop at the same pace as other systems in the European Union. At present there are negotiations and debates, we are looking at examples from other countries, I do not wish to reinvent the wheel. In many European countries health systems operate with several health insurance houses, and not only European ones. (...) I would like us to adapt those models in Romania as well. I believe that this year we can begin this process,' Alexandru Rogobete said during a working visit to the new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the 'Marie Curie' Emergency Clinical Hospital for Children, agerpres reports.

In another train of thoughts, the minister said that work is still under way on the Ministry of Health's 2026 budget and estimated that it will be higher than last year's allocation.

Google News
Explorează subiectul
Comentează
Articole Similare
Parteneri