A fire broke out on Sunday at a shopping centre in the Baneasa area, and it was extinguished after a firemen intervention, representatives of the Bucharest-Ifov Inspectorate for Emergency Situations (ISU) announced.The fire broke out in an annex for wooden material recycling belonging to a furniture supplier. Five trucks with water and foam, a ladder truck and and ambulance showed up at the scene.
"The engine of a machinery caught fire, which extended to the wooden materials in the room. The fire engulfed a 10-square-metre area, the smoke flooded area measuring about 200 square metres," the ISU Bucharest-Ilfov representatives pointed out.
According to the same source, the fire was extinguished, and two persons have been exposed to the smoke.
"At present, there have been two persons identified, men, round 35 years. One has been exposed to smoke, refuses transportation, and the second one, with a panic attack and smoke exposure, has been taken to hospital by the SABIF [Bucharest-Ilfov Ambulance Service] ambulance," the source also mentions.