Day of Romanian Red Cross
- 1864 - Al.I. Cuza issues decree establishing the Bucharest University, Agerpres.ro informs.
- 1886 - Birth of poet Alice Calugaru. (d. 1933)
- 1927 - Birth of visual artist Traian Bradean (d. February 15, 2013)
- 1946 - Romania re-establishes legation-level diplomatic relations with Luxembourg and Belgium.
- 1965 - Death of mathematician Alexandru Myller, noted for his contributions to differential and integral equations as well as geometry, an honorary member of the Romanian Academy. (b. December 3, 1879)
- 1991 - Romanian National Bank issues norms regarding the establishment and functioning of currency exchanges.
- 1994 - Death of actor Vistrian Roman. (b. May 15, 1941)
- 2011 - Death, in Paris, of actor Serban Cantacuzino. (b. February 4, 1941)