Romania's Consulate General in Edinburgh took note following the information emerged in the media referring to what would have been a hate attack against five Romanian citizens in the Newtownabbey district, the United kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Romanian Foreign Affairs Ministry (MAE) informs at the request of AGERPRES.
According to the ministry, the representatives of the consular office conducted, in an emergency regime, demarches with the local authorities aimed at obtaining some additional information concerning the identity, citizenship and the state of health of the persons affected so far, with no assistance requests having been registered at the consular office level in respect to this incident.
Romania's Consulate General in Edinburgh is closely watching the development of the investigation opened by the local police and is keeping in touch with the local authorities, being prepared to grant consular assistance within the legal duties limits, MAE points out.
"In context, we are pointing out that the Foreign Affairs Ministry voices full confidence in the demarches of the British authorities aimed at identifying those responsible and bringing them before justice and is firmly condemning any action motivated by ethnic, religious or other nature hate, as such acts are unacceptable. Moreover, the Foreign Ministry urges the Romanian citizens who are aware of such incidents to inform both the local authorities in charge and Romania's diplomatic and consular representations abroad," reads the information sent to AGERPRES.
The Romanian citizens can require consular assistance at the telephone numbers of Romania's Consulate General in Edinburgh: +44 (0) 131 524 9491 / +44 (0) 131 524 9492, the calls being redirected to the Contact and Support Center of Romanian Citizens Abroad (CCSCRS) and taken over by the Call Center operators in an emergency regime, or at the telephone number of the consular office: +44 (0) 795 185 8445.
The police of Northern Ireland initiated an investigation, after several men from Romania were attacked by a group on Sunday evening, The Belfast Daily announced on Monday. The incident took place in Monkstown, in the Newtownabbey urban area.
According to the information, around 20:20 local time, several men broke in a house in the area and attacked the dwellers with baseball bats.
The five men who were in the house suffered several injuries following the incident, and one of them was taken to hospital for treatment.
The attack victims are apparently from Romania, the source mentions.
Police suspect a hate attack and are making a call on any possible witness of the incident or any person having information that can contribute to the investigation to contact the police in Antrim Shire.
Moreover, any information can be sent to independent charitable organisation Crimestoppers, which is 100% anonymous and gives people the possibility to take a stand and combat crime, The Belfast Daily also says.
MAE on Romanians attacked in Northern Ireland: Consulate in Edinburgh took note; such acts, unacceptable
Explorează subiectul
Articole Similare

9
PSD's Fifor welcomes President Dan's decision to attend next week's Peace Council meeting
9

18
DefMin Miruta: Romania must not be only a beneficiary of security, but also a provider;we need competitive industry
18

22
HealthMin Rogobete: Regional Oncology Institute in Timisoara must become operational by end of 2028
22

18
Geoana: Transatlantic relation remains essential and unique, but it needs to find a new balance
18

38
Gov't welcomes purchase of Giurgiulesti International Port operator, as it contributes to strengthening Strategic Partnership
38

12
Finance minister says priority remains continuation of budgetary discipline and economy relaunch on sustainable basis
12

29
BrancusiYear/Small table and trovants, story of Constantin Brancusi's lesser-known works
29

18
Fitch affirms Romania at 'BBB minus'; outlook negative
18

14
DefMin Miruta has meetings with European defence industry representatives on Munich conference sidelines
14

15
Figures from real economy show for two years we not well (professor Cristian Paun)
15

17
FEATURE STORY/Daniel Castle in Talisoara features murals of local aristocratic life, similar to today's social-network style
17

11
International Master's programme Inclusion Studies launched by Stefan cel Mare University, two European universities
11

10
Bucharest Stock Exchange closes lower Friday's trading session
10

















Comentează