Prime Minister Florin Citu emphasized on Tuesday that it's important for a Bucharest City budget be adopted as quickly as possible, mentioning that delays that would lead to incapacity to pay will not be supported from the national budget, agerpres.ro confirms.
"I had discussions with the General Mayor. I know the situation in Bucharest, I worked with the General Mayor last year as well to resolve some of the budget issues last year. We built the budget this year together. It's very important we have, as quickly as possible, a budget in Bucharest. My message is clear: we will not support from the national budget delays that would then lead to incapacity to pay and then we pay more. The national budget will not support slippages in Bucharest. That is why I am certain they will find a solution as quickly as possible in Bucharest, the budget will be voted on and we will move forward. Then we can think of solutions as well," said the head of the Executive.
Asked if the incomes worth 7 billion RON provided for in the current budget draft are realistic, the Prime Minister said this must be explained by the initiators.
Last week, the draft budget for Bucharest City for 2021 did not receive a favorable vote in the Bucharest City General Council meeting. The tally showed 17 votes "for", 22 "against", and 14 abstentions.