DESCARCĂ APLICAȚIA: iTunes app Android app on Google Play Windows Phone Store
CELE MAI NOI ȘTIRI ȘI ALERTE BREAKING NEWS: ACTIVEAZĂ NOTIFICĂRILE

Health Ministry reports third child measles death in Romania

ziarelive.ro
copii bolnavi

Health Ministry on Thursday announced that the Cantacuzino Institute has confirmed a third child suspected of measles has died of the illness.

"The Cantacuzino Institute on Thursday confirmed to the National Centre for Control of Communicable Diseases that a third child who died in the meantime tested highly positive for the measles virus. This means the cause of death was measles," the ministry said.

In a press statement released on Wednesday, the Health Ministry was informing that 675 confirmed cases of measles had been reported in the first eight months of 2016 in 23 counties that left two children dead. A third death where measles was the suspected cause was recorded over the past days, but a final confirmation was expected.

"Compared with 2015, the surge is more than alarming. All through last year, only seven confirmed outbreaks of measles were confirmed and no death was reported. The Health Ministry is strongly condemning the irresponsible campaigns against child vaccination. Their outcome can be seen, for instance, in the measles outbreaks growing ten times in just one year," the ministry said, according to Agerpres.

ACTIVEAZĂ NOTIFICĂRILE

Fii la curent cu cele mai noi stiri.

Urmărește stiripesurse.ro pe Facebook

×

Help your friends know more about Romania!

Share this article on Facebook

Share this article!

×
NEWSLETTER

Nu uitaţi să daţi "Like". În felul acesta nu veţi rata cele mai importante ştiri.